G_mutex_lock/unlock

Hello,
I am trying to figure out in a program whenever a call to g_mutex_lock/unlock is made. The best way to do this is insert a printf under the g_mutex_lock function. However I can't seem to find this function. I assumed that g_mutex_lock is a wrapper around pthread_mutex_lock.c under glibc/nptl. However when I make my printf there, nothing prints out during run time. Does anyone know where I can mess with g_mutex-Lock/unlock implementation?

Thank you in advance!

PS. if pthread-mutex-lock.c is the correct spot it may be because I am working in an Alpha configuration.