Re: How to find out a function is contained in which header file?

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 02:30:29PM +0800, 丁少衡 wrote:
> Now, I'm trying to use some gtk(or gtk related) functions. I can find their
> description in the document on devhelp. But I could not find which header
> file I should include in my source code, and what CFLAGS should I specify.
> For example, the function about gconf system-- gconf_client_get_default()
> Please don't tell me search on the google. I know how to search that. But I
> think the document should contain the information about that. It was
> probably my fault--I do not konw how to find it. So, any help? Many thanks!
>
> dingshaoheng

Hey Dingshaoheng,

you can find information about compiling and linking against gtk+ on the
devhelp pages: GTK+ Reference Manual -> GTK+ Overview -> Compiling GTK+
Applications.

You will find that you should use "pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0" (or
gtk+-2.0, when you still use gtk+-2.xx).

bye ingo