- From: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.29.90
- Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:49:12 -0400
GLib 2.29.90 is ready.
I consider this to be (almost) a release candidate.
There is probably a bug in GSettings that is causing lots of problems
with gnome-settings-daemon that will need to be fixed before the next
cycle. Other than that, we're more or less frozen -- it should mostly
be docs and translations in the next release.
There are two API breaks in this release with respect to the previous.
One is a rename and the other is simple removal of a function that was
only added in the last micro release. See below.
Overview of changes from GLib 2.29.18 to 2.29.90
* API/ABI changes:
- unix signal watches now match the API of all of the other sources
- revert the addition of g_date_time_source_new () from last release
* networking and other fixes for Solaris
- we no longer support symbolic port names (ie: from /etc/services)
- check if -lsocket is needed
- fix g_socket_details_from_fd()
- avoid getmntinfo
- fix some harmless warnings
* GDateTime improvements:
- generally improved standards compliance (with C99)
- support C99-specified format strings: %g, %G, %V, %c, %C, %w
- consult the locale for the preferred 12-hour time format (%r)
- drop support for non-standard %N and broken %W
- better support for formatting non-POSIX (eg: Arabic) numerals
- locale-related test case fixups, and fix some leaks
* GTlsInteraction: add interaction method invocation guarantees
* gdbus-codegen: post-process all interfaces when parsing >1 file
* make GMainLoop, GMainContext and GSource boxed types
* fix a race condition in the first use of g_get_monotonic_time()
* lots gtk-doc cleanups
* better intltool compatibility when generating pot file
* avoid GCC-specific compiler options when not using GCC
* Translation updates:
Thanks to everyone who helped:
Og B. Maciel
] [Thread Prev