Re: Requesting help on using g_threads with clone()

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Venkateswararao Jujjuri
<jvrao linux vnet ibm com> wrote:
> Resending after subscribing to the list:
>

> First time writing to this list. Appreciate any help/pointers.
>
> We are considering glib threads for developing a secure user space
> file-server.
> In this effort, we would like to use clone(2) system call which performs
> a chroot(/exported/path)
> followed by g_thread_pool_new(). The threads created will inherit the
> chroot'ed name
> space and hence we are are creating a secure zone of exported region for
> the fileserver to operate.

its not clear to me that you understand what clone does or its
relationship to threads.

why do you think you should use clone(2), and why do you plan to
create a thread pool after calling it?

in addition, terminology like "demonize" doesn't really apply to threads.