Re: Does g_key_file_free() free pointers from g_key_file_get_string()?

> Since the documentation says it's a newly allocated string, I have
> always freed the string when I no longer need it. This hasn't produced
> any ill effects so far. Usually, valgrind will catch problems related
> to freeing pointers to non-heap memory.

Another indicator that returned value should be freed is lack of const
modifier on return value.

If API docs state:

const char * get_something ()     -> do not free result
      char * get_another_thing () -> free result

Tadej Borovšak
tadeboro gmail com
tadej borovsak gmail com