How To Include Underscores In GtkTextView Word

Is there some setting that I can change so that the underscore character is part of the "word" in the GtkTextView?

For instance I would like something like "gtk_text_iter_inside_word" to be recognized as one word.

I guess this would be configured through Pango? I looked through the source but I did not see any way to change what a word is.

From the docs:
"Word breaks are determined by Pango and should be correct for nearly any language (if not, the correct fix would be to the Pango word break algorithms). "

-Jeff Johnston