Confirm Installed Run-Time Version
- From: richard boaz <ivor boaz gmail com>
- To: gtk-list <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Confirm Installed Run-Time Version
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:07:45 +0200
i'm trying to create an installer of my program for all variants LINUX, but am having trouble with something i had hoped/though would be trivial.
how does one confirm from the shell which version of the run-time GTK+ libraries are installed?
- pkg-config won't work since destination machine has no .pc files as there's no dev install (nor should there need to be)
- platform-specific solutions do exist (e.g. "dpkg -l ..." for ubuntu, "yum install ..." on redhat, "apt-cache show ...", etc.), however
i'd like the following:
- platform-independent solution
- version confirmed at installation of program
i know i can check the version at program startup, but this is too late, i don't want to install *anything* until the target machine conforms to minimum version requirements.
is this possible, or must i discover platform-specific solution for each new platform as they arise?
any pointers greatly appreciated,
] [Thread Prev