gdk_x11_window_get_xid() not introspectable

Hi,  To embed an SDL (or PyGame) window in a GtkDrawingArea, we need to pass , for SDL, SDL_WINDOWID(xid) environement variable.   But using Gobject-introspection, it's no more possible, because get_xid() is marked as non introspectable. So there is no way to retrieve the xid of a window using python (i even tried using ctypes but it didn't work)

GTK3 is great, but this little thing prevent me to make a complete port of openshot video editor to GTK3.

Is it easily fixable or is there any workaround ? Thanks !