Simple GTK+ 3.0 container subclass example
- From: Mark Leisher <mleisher math nmsu edu>
- To: "'gtk-list gnome org'" <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Simple GTK+ 3.0 container subclass example
- Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:34:26 -0600
This is a relatively simple example of how to subclass the Container
widget in GTK+ 3.0.
Once upon a time, I needed a container with the following capabilities:
1. It holds one child widget.
2. It places a label on the left or right side of the child widget.
3. The label can be text or a Pixbuf, and the label can be aligned to
the right, center, or left.
4. All of the labels in a group of these containers needed to have the
I was surprised how long it took me to get this working in GTK+ 2.*. I
had to dig through the sources of a lot of different programs before I
finally narrowed the code down to the minimum necessary for a simple
Maybe this will be useful to someone out there developing custom widgets.
Yes, there are other ways to do this, but that's not the point.
] [Thread Prev