Re: Drag from treeview to eventbox

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Vikram Ambrose <noel ambrose gmail com> wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 05:26 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> the treeview in gtk 2.* doesn't support DnD to other widgets, let
>> alone other windows.
>
> Not sure what you're talking about. I have DnD from and to other widgets and
> other X11 clients just fine without any hacks.
>
> I wrote this example a long time ago when I was a n00b00n2.
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GTK%2B_By_Example/Tree_View/DnD#Dragging_Rows_from_One_Tree_to_Another
>
> It can be done even simpler. But it works fine as-is and can be extended to
> any widget.

yes, i know all that. if you consider that as just "DnD works from a
treeview to another widget", then i'm afraid i don't. the necessity to
go through quite a bit of object/data setup just to get the DnD to
work was the part i referred to as moderately complex. i wasn't
implying that you can't take those steps, but that they are hardly
friendly the level of GTK programming skill that often shows up asking
for help on this list.