Re: Performance of many widgets

I have attached a zipped html/javascript test for comparison.  On my
debian system the test is instant and requires almost no CPU compared
to the same amount of widgets under the default them spikes my CPU
usage briefly and takes 1/4-1/2 a second under many different types of
hardware.

There has to be a way this can be sped up if javascript/browser beats
a C/gtk implementation.

I tried the plain default theme BTW and it made no discernable
difference in speed to the GTK/C implementation.

I have tried this on different Debian platforms x86 32 bit, x86 64 bit
on Intel and some cheap 1GHz via chipsets and the same problem exists.
 The browser is also fast no matter what platform.

Anybody know what might be going on here?  How might I be able to
speed the GTK implementation up to approach the speed my
browser/javascript is able to achieve?