Re: how to make a application instance unique ?

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 21:20 +0800, Aaron Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm new to GTK+ world , and is there any ways to ensure that only
> single instance of a GTK+ application running ?
>
> 	i.e	If another application tries to run , former instance should show up
> 	( if hide to system tray ) or get focus.
>
> 	Appreciate any of your response ;-)

if you're targeting gtk2 then you can use libunique[0], an external
library that provides this functionality.

if you're targeting gtk3 then you should use GtkApplication, which is
part of the gtk+ API.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0] http://live.gnome.org/LibUnique