Re: Did GTK+ had an embedded version?

On 12/01/2011 05:03 AM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was a version once targeted at DirectFB, but as far as I know
> its no longer maintained.

It turns out that running a tiny X server is just as fast and light as
doing DirectFB.  I believe what used to be called the kDrive X server is
now in the standard Freedesktop X server package (not sure what they
call it these days).

GTK's main competitor Qt still maintains a framebuffer version if you
are determined to stick with the direct framebuffer.