Re: Question about GTK+ and timers

Hi, Paul,
My task is to read the external device thru the serial port with the 1
sec interval.
And then update the GUI with the new data.
At least the documentation of this device says that it will write with 1 sec.

I am testing on x86, then cross-compiling for ARM and run the program on ARM.

Will I be better off with just continuous loop inside thread or the
timer will do?

Thank you.