gtk clock tutorial

Hi all, first time here,

I am trying to make sense of the tutorial from
http://gnomejournal.org/article/34/writing-a-widget-using-cairo-and-gtk28

in main(), clock is defined as
clock = egg_clock_face_new ();

then in egg_clock_face_new () we've got
g_object_new (EGG_TYPE_CLOCK_FACE, NULL);
with
#define EGG_TYPE_CLOCK_FACE        (egg_clock_face_get_type ())

where is egg_clock_face_get_type () defined?
I presume is defined by some macros but I just cannot find which one. I remember
there was a gcc (actually I am using mingw) parameter that showed the source with the macros expanded, that might help - a bit of a newbie here.

Thanks in advance,
Lee