XGrabDeviceKey() equivalent in GTK 2.90.1?

Hi there,
I've got a question regarding the shiny new XInput2 aka MPX support in
GTK: Is there a possibility to grab a single key of some specific
device in GDK? I know there is gdk_device_grab(), but that seems to
only be capabable of grabbing the whole keyboard.

Another possibility would be to really just use XGrabDeviceKey()
instead, but then I'd need the XDevice* which seems to me isn't exposed
by GdkDeviceManager. So how to get the XDevice* then?

Thanks a lot,
   Christian