How can i create a alpha channel GdkPixbuf from a GdkPixmap and a GdkBitmap?

Hello gtk-list,

I have a programmatically created and drawn clipmask and the server
side pixmap. But i can't find out how i can create a pixbuf from these
two.

I got so far that this code gets me a pixbuf with an alphachannel
of all white pixels:

pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable(NULL,image->pixmap,NULL,0,0,0,0,-1,-1);
new_pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_add_alpha(pixbuf,TRUE,255,255,255); //TODO
g_object_unref(pixbuf);
pixbuf = new_pixbuf;

Unfortunately this is not good enough for my problem.

--
Best regards,
 Lothar                          mailto:llothar web de