There seems to be a race condition with gdk_window_get_frame_extents?

Hello gtk-list,

On X11 when when i call

gtk_widget_realize(GTK_WIDGET(my_toplevel));
gdk_display_sync(gdk_display_get_default());
gdk_window_get_frame_extents(gtk_widget_get_window(GTK_WIDGET(my_toplevel)), &rect);

after creating a toplevel window the frame is not calculated
correctly, i have to wait a few milliseocnds. Is there any way to make
this reliable?

--
Best regards,
 Lothar                          mailto:llothar web de