Error in configure during glib-2.25.3 installation

Hello list,

I have joined recently and would request for your expert opinion on an error that I get, while trying to run the configure script, as part of glib-2.25.3 installation.
   The following is the stderr log upon running configure:
   configure: WARNING: No ANSI prototypes found in library. (-std1 didn't work.)
   configure: error:
   *** GLib requires a 64 bit type. You might want to consider
   *** using the GNU C compiler.
I get the same error even after setting my environment variable CC to point to gcc.

I am trying to install glib-2.25.3 on Fedora core 12. Here are the outputs of the relevant commands:
   uname -a
   Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Sat Nov 7 21:25:57 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
   cat /etc/issue
   Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
   Kernel \r on an \m (\l)

  Also, I have appended the complete log below.

Kindly let me know what I should be doing to resolve this error.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

regards
Vin

   checking for gawk... gawk

- Ignored:
   checking for the BeOS... no
   checking for Win32... no
   checking for Mac OS X Carbon support... checking for style of include used by make... GNU
   checking for gcc... gcc
   checking for suffix of executables...
   checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
   no
   checking whether to enable garbage collector friendliness... no
   checking whether to disable memory pools... no
   checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
   checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
   checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
   checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
   checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
   checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
   checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
   checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
   checking for perl5... no
   checking for perl... perl
   checking for indent... indent
   checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
   checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... python
   checking for python... /usr/bin/python
   checking for python version... 2.6
   checking for python platform... linux2
   checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
   checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
   checking for iconv_open... yes
   checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
   checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... yes
   checking Whether to cache iconv descriptors... no
   checking for ANSI C header files... yes
   checking for sys/types.h... yes
   checking for sys/stat.h... yes
   checking for stdlib.h... yes
   checking for string.h... yes
   checking for memory.h... yes
   checking for strings.h... yes
   checking for inttypes.h... yes
   checking for stdint.h... yes
   checking for unistd.h... yes
   checking for inflate in -lz... yes
   checking zlib.h usability... yes
   checking zlib.h presence... yes
   checking for zlib.h... yes
   checking locale.h usability... yes
   checking locale.h presence... yes
   checking for locale.h... yes
   checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
   checking libintl.h usability... yes
   checking libintl.h presence... yes
   checking for libintl.h... yes
   checking for ngettext in libc... no
   checking for bindtextdomain in -lintl... yes

   checking for ngettext in -lintl... yes
   checking for dgettext in -lintl... yes
   checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
   checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
   checking for dcgettext... yes
   checking if msgfmt accepts -c... yes
   checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
   checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
   checking for catalogs to be installed...  af am ar as ast az be be latin bg bn bn_IN bs ca ca valencia cs cy da de dz el en_CA en_GB en shaw eo es et eu fa fi fr ga gl gu he hi hr hu hy id is it ja ka kn ko ku lt lv mai mg mk ml mn mr ms nb nds ne nl nn oc or pa pl ps pt pt_BR ro ru rw si sk sl sq sr sr latin sr ije sv ta te th tl tr tt uk vi wa xh yi zh_CN zh_HK zh_TW
   checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
   checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
   checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
   checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
   checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
   checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
   checking whether ln -s works... yes
   checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1966080
   checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
   checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
   checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
   checking for objdump... objdump
   checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
   checking for ar... ar
   checking for strip... strip
   checking for ranlib... ranlib
   checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
   checking for dlfcn.h... yes
   checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
   checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
   checking dependency style of c++... (cached) gcc3
   checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -E
   checking for objdir... .libs
   checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
   checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
   checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
   checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
   checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
   checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
   checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
   checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
   checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

   checking whether to build static libraries... no
   checking for ld used by c++... /usr/bin/ld
   checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
   checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
   checking for c++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
   checking if c++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
   checking if c++ static flag -static works... no
   checking if c++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
   checking if c++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
   checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
   checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
   configure: creating ./config.lt
   config.lt: creating libtool
   checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes...
   configure: WARNING: No ANSI prototypes found in library. (-std1 didn't work.)
   checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
   checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
   checking for vprintf... yes
   checking for _doprnt... no
   checking for working alloca.h... yes
   checking for alloca... yes