gegl 0.1.2 and glib 2.22 installing problem

Hi all,

I am new in Linux and trying to compile gegl-0.1.2 and glib 2.22.5(I use Ubuntu9.04 and glib version is a little old), which new gegl depends on.

So I make install glib, everything goes right (except glib's INSTALL told me to manually remove glib.h, and gmodule.h, I DIDN'T KNOW WHY and DID NOT remove them).

Then I run ./configure in gegl and get the error message below.
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.22.0...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.22.5, but GLIB (2.20.1)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
*** to point to the correct configuration files

It seems pkg-config can find the new glib, but the old glib still exist? The 'make install' in glib didn't replace the old lib? Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks,
Shenli