Re: Memory leaks?

Sergei Steshenko wrote:
--- On Wed, 3/10/10, Lindley M French <lfrench1 gmu edu> wrote:

From: Lindley M French <lfrench1 gmu edu>
Subject: Memory leaks?
To: gtk-list gnome org
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 2:16 PM
[snip]
Any ideas?

Yes, on the one hand, gtk+ team "solemnly declares" (or used to) there
are no memory leaks, on the other hand, gtk+ team in its release announcements from time to time mentions memory leaks fixed here and there.

I always found it difficult to differentiate between "leaking" memory and a single "leak" during the run time of a GTK application.

Pango is even worse. Start using markup text and you'll just give up trying to find memory leaks.

I just suppress everything not coming out of my source files and leave it at that. GTK is not something any single person could go through and find all the memory leaks.