Handling SDL when sdl surface is inside GTK widget

Hi all,
         I'm working on gtk and sdl. I have placed the sdl surface
inside the gtk widget using putenv(windowid env). But I'm facing the
problem.
1. I have a handling for mouse click on sdl surface, but if do mouse
click on the sdl surface, its not taking.
2. The problem in resize. If I do resizing of the gtk widget, only gtk
widget is getting resized not the sdl surface. I think its because if
not doing resize of the socket(i'm not sure). If I want to do resize
then what I have to do....

please guide me.........

--
Lohitha R