From: Tadej Borovšak [tadeboro gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:11 PM
To: Paul Stuart
Cc: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: GtkTreeView Path Ambiguity (Header vs First Row )

Hi.

> It turns out that it isn't so much returning a path of "0" for the header, it's returning the last valid path the treeview had. For instance, if I am on the fourth row, if I move my focus up to the header and call
> gtk_tree_view_get_cursor, path is returned as "4". Not sure why it doesn't set path to NULL.

Path returned by this function will only be NULL if nothing is
selected in tree view. If you select fourth row and then click the
header, 4th row is still selected.

> All I'm really after is a way to tell if the focus is in the header or on one of the rows, so if there is a clean way to do that I'd love to know.

I'm not sure if this can be done easily. If you describe why you need
to determine this, someone may be able to offer some advice on
alternatives.

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak