Re[4]: Does GTK leak memory

Hello Emmanuele,

EB> personally, no: I don't think it's at all necessary. and I've been doing
EB> memory profiling of glib- and non-glib based libraries and applications
EB> for a while.

I'm programming C for 25 years and i still don't feel safe without
tools. And this is not really a feeling but knowledge about human
weaknesses.

EB> you are, of course, free to start asking people to use atexit() handlers
EB> to free up one-off allocations, starting from the bottom of the stack
EB> (font-config, freetype, X11, glibc, Mesa, etc.) and moving up towards
EB> gtk+.

Why? GLIB/GTK is clearly using its own heap so there is no reason to
go into libs.

>> Just for the reason that using memory debugging tools is confusing
>> if it is not doing it.

EB> you can use suppression files to mask the known one-off allocations.

Suppression files?
Please tell me more about it.

--
Best regards,
 Lothar                            mailto:llothar web de