Re: OpenGL and overlapping widget

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Michael Goffioul
<michael goffioul gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use OpenGL with regular GTK+ widgets within the same
> window and I want to make the widgets (buttons, text fields...) to
> overlap the OpenGL area and appears in front of it. I tried with GtkGLArea
> and GtkGLExt, but all my tests were unsuccessful so far. In all cases,
> the OpenGL area will always appear in front, overlapping any GTK+ widget.

I'm not sure off the top of my head what the exact combination is, but
you can do this by combining Clutter with GTK+ (maybe by using
a specialized ClutterActor, or by rendering your widgets to a GtkOffscreenWindow
and blitting that to an actor or such).

Cheers,
         -Tristan