Doubts about creating a new widget

Hello, my name is Andreu and i'm new in this list.

I have a doubt about if I should create a new widget or if there is a widget that could supply my needs.

I'll describe what I need: I want to make a left column in the window with "flat" toggle buttons (with the 100% of the column width) that, when I press one of the buttons then the buttons that are below than it should go down to give space to a icon list with a vertical scroll bar.

I need it to sort the elements in a diagram editor that i'm programming.

Thanks in advance :) .

--
- Per la llibertat del coneixement -
- Per la llibertat de la ment...       -