gtk_table_attach api, GtkAttachOptions usage

Hi

Iam trying to use gtk_table_attach api. I have issues using xoptions(GtkAttachOptions) and yoptions in this api.
Iam not able to understand how I can use EXPAND, SHRINK and FILL options.
I tried to write a program that does the following:

1. create a table using gtk_table_new api
2. Attach a button to the table using gtk_table_attach api with this expand option
3. Then resized the table.

Iam expecting the button be resized in the window since the table is re-sized.
Can you please provide me a input on how the GtkAttachOptions  be used from the application point of view.
--
Thanks
Sundeep.