Re: performance problems double buffering to 1600x1200 window

2010/1/28 Robert Gibbs <gibbsrc gmail com>:
> Can anyone tell me why the built-in double buffering would yield such poor
> performance?

The built-in double buffering allocates and frees a backing buffer the
size of the expose for every expose event. I imagine your program is
spending a lot of time doing this. I suppose the gtk buffer could also
somehow not be in fast memory, giving you slow offscreen - onscreen
copies. You'd need to do some timing.

John