Windows: How to debug a gtk library function when app built with MSVC ?

Windows Wireshark is built with MSVC linking to Windows GLIB/GTK (as distributed).

I have a need to "step-into" (debug) a gtk function called by Wireshark.

I'm puzzled as to how to do this since AFAIKT Windows gtk/glib are compiled & etc with MinGW GCC.

Is it possible to use MinGW GDB when stepping into the
libgtk-win32 DLL (from an MSVC compiled app) ?
(If so: do I need to build a debug MinGW version of the library ?)

Do I need to build the GTK DLL with MSVC so I can use the MSVC debugger?

or: ??

TIA

Bill Meier