Re: Displaying children in a gtk.TreeModelFilter

Hello.

> As I consequence, I'm currently looking for a way to display children that
> have an hidden parent. That children would be displayed at the root.
> For example :
> --> b
> ------->c
> ---------->d
>  (d is child of c which is child of b which is child of b)
> if b is not visible, my tree would display :
> -->d

You're basically trying to reparent some of the entries inside your
model, but GtkTreeModelFilter cannot do that. It can transform data in
source model and present it in modified form and it can filter out
some of entries. Basically, filter can modify data's appearance on a
row.by-row basis, but it has no influence on your data relations.

I wrote a series of blog posts about filtering some time ago[1].
Samples are written in C, but you may still find it useful.

Tadej

[1] http://tadeboro.blogspot.com/2009/05/gtktreemodel-and-filtering.html

--
Tadej Borovšak