Two toplevels in a glade file causes spurious warnings

In gtk 2.18.3-1ubuntu2.2, I have a problem using gtk.builder on glade
files with multiple top levels.  What happens is, when I call
connect_signals on the first top-level, I get warnings that the signal
handlers from the subsequent toplevels are "missing."   Actually they
are not missing, they just aren't used by the current top level.

Why am I getting such warning?

Is there a way to turn them off for good?

--
Gerald Britton