Re: Can glib use external main loop?

Hi Joshua,

On Don 04.02.2010 11:40, Joshua Lee wrote:
Hi Moin Aleksandar!

Thanks, it seems that it implement the ev by using glib, i would like
to implement select by using glib. Do you think if it is workable?

I'am not the select()/poll()/epoll() guru, but I think it should.

Isn't it better to move the legacy program to the glib default poll
function, I think the default one is quite good, imho.

BR

Aleks

BR/JL
Aleksandar Lazic schrieb am Wednesday, den 03. February 2010:

On Mit 03.02.2010 14:39, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
>Dear Joshua,
>
>On Mit 03.02.2010 17:27, Joshua Lee wrote:
>>Hi Guys,
>>I have a legacy program which use select as the event loop, and i would
>>like to port it to glib. It will take great effort to do all the
>>things, so is there any simple way to do it. For example, wrapper the
>>legacy code with glib main loop.
>>
>>From
>>http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html,
>>It seems that g_main_context_set_poll_func () could possibly be used to
>>integrate the GLib event loop with an external event loop. Can anyone
>>tell me how to get it?
>
>Maybe this can answer your question.
>
>http://cvs.schmorp.de/AnyEvent/lib/AnyEvent/Impl/Glib.pm?revision=1.26&view=markup

Sorry I meant this