Re: Distributing extra space to children

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:17:11 +0900 Tristan wrote:

> It does sound like an interesting feature, I wonder if there's
> any way to achieve this without adding features to GtkBox.

It's certainly possible to kludge something like it with tables:

- Allocate a sufficiently large table, say ten cells across.
- Place the first child in cells 0..6 (i.e. attach with 0,7)
- Place the second child in cells 7..9 (i.e. attach with 7,10)
- Set the table to be homogenous

Because the table cells are all equal sized, and the child widgets
occupy 7 and 3 respectively, they get 70% and 30% of the space.

Cheers,
Rob