Re: How to get file type when G_FILE_MONITOR_EVENT_DELETED?

On 12 December 2010 19:09, Vikram Ambrose <noel ambrose gmail com> wrote:
> How do you figure out the file type inside GFileMonitor's "changed" callback
> when the GFileMonitorEvent is a G_FILE_MONITOR_EVENT_DELETED?
>
> I was erroneously using g_file_query_file_type()!=G_FILE_TYPE_DIRECTORY,
> without actually looking at the return value, until recently discovered that
> since the GFile in question has just been deleted, it would always return
> G_FILE_TYPE_UNKNOWN.

A deleted file doesn't exist so it doesn't have a type.  Since the
event is telling you the file is deleted you already know this and
don't need to query the type (or you can use the fact that
G_FILE_TYPE_UNKNOWN is documented to mean does not exist.

Cheers
Lex