GtkRecentFilter and GtkFileFilter

Hi:

I was using GtkRecentChooser interface a little a few days ago and I realize you can add filters to the list of recent files and realize the GtkRecentFilter class could easily inherit from GtkFileFilter
Why is this not like this ?

And more as a suggestion I would add to GtkFileChooser and GtkRecentChooser the option to apply all filters at once, I mean, when setting to filters one "*.c" and other "*.js" I would like the to view both at the same time without the need to build a new filter containing both restrictions.

Erick