GdkPixbufLoader size-prepared troubles

Hello,

Regarding GdkPixbufLoader's size-prepared signal, the documentation claims: "This signal is emitted when the pixbuf loader has been fed the initial amount of data that is required to figure out the size of the image that it will create."

Which, to me, seems to imply that the signal is emitted only once. However, I am receiving it almost as frequently as the area-updated signal.

Is this a bug? Or have I read too much into the documentation? I couldn't find anything relevant in the gnome bugzilla.

Furthermore, the documentation states:
"Applications can call gdk_pixbuf_loader_set_size() in response to this signal to set the desired size to which the image should be scaled."

But when I do this, the image data never makes it into the pixbuf, although the pixbuf itself appears to get sized correctly.

For the record, I am using gtkmm 2.4 on Debian testing and attempting to load PNM data. I didn't get the feeling that this was a gtkmm specific issue, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks.
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh slovak avasys jp          http://avasys.jp