glib error

Dear all,
i dont know if this is right place to post this here . im a newbie so
plz excuse me if there is anything wrong.
i built a rootfilesystem using buildroot2010.02 package . It built
toolchain with glib2 +gtk2 support. all went fine.
i also cross-compiled a simple gtk application with a dialog box. it
cross-compiles but when i run it on target it gives me the following
error

GLib:ERROR:gstrfuncs.c:435:IA__g_ascii_strtod: assertion failed:
(decimal_point_len != 0)
Aborted

my target board is at91sam9261ek which is based on arm 9. can anybody
tell me what's going wrong here?

warm regards,
GuruPrasad Bhat