Problem compiling Pango on WIn32

Hi,
I want to compile Pango on win32 (Windows XP SP3) to do some tests
with fixing Japanese rendering slowness.

I've managed to build Pango before on another computer a year ago, see post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gtk-list gnome org/msg27838.html

When I tried to do the same now (pango-1.26.2 and pango-1.28.0) I it
fails to create DLL's and this warning is displayed:
"Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lintl"

When we looked into this it seems like libtool looks for "libintl.dll"
but in the GTK bundle it's named "intl.dll".
If I rename the "intl.dll" to "libintl.dll" it works.
However as it complains about more DLL's renaming seems like a bad solution.

Do anyone have a clue what is causing it to prefix the DLL names it
looks for with "lib"?

My setup:
 * MinGW-5.1.6
 * MSYS-1.0.11
 * msysDTK-1.0.1
 * gtk+-bundle_2.16.6-20100207

Also are there detailed build instructions how the official Win32
binaries are built?

Regards,
Fredrik