Re: shrink GTK+ disk usage for Windows

Hello,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:59:23 -0600
Andrew Ziem <ahz001 gmail com> wrote:

> Wow, using Linux 'strip -v bin/*' cuts the bin directory from 16M to
> 9.3M!  After UPX, it's down to 3.9M (compare to 7.8MB below).

Keep in mind that I had some problems with Linux version of strip
when running it on windows dlls.
I think the mingw version (usually called i386-pc-mingw32-strip or similar)
is better in that regard.
Also, it's usually safe to use --strip-debug and --strip-unneeded
on libraries, but simply using strip without arguments will damage them.

Alexander