Re: Bubbling drags up

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm trying to understand how drag and drop works with
when both containers and some of their children accept
drags.  It seems that if a widget accepts any drags of
any type, it blocks drags to parent widgets, even if
it doesn't accept that type of data.

I've attached a sample program that illustrates this.
It has a container that accepts drags of text/uri-list
type, and in that container is a GtkColorButton, which
has a built-in handler for application/x-color.

If you drag a file anywhere not over the color button,
you can drop it.  But you can't drop if you're over
the color button.  What I would like is for the color
button to completely ignore that drag and let it be
handled by the parent container.

 Is this at all possible?
Yes i think its possible , but am not sure how to go about achieving it ...

I wish someone out there has an answer !
--
Shaun