asking jhbuild to rebuild python [Was: Build success on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)]

On Sep 4, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:

$ CXX='g++ -m32' CC='gcc -m32' CFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32 jhbuild bootstrap --ignore-system

Hmmm. I thought --ignore-system makes jhbuild rebuild its own python (instead of using the system-supplied one), but apparently not. I tried

$ CXXFLAGS=-m32 CFLAGS=-m32 CC='gcc -m32' CXX='g++ -m32' jhbuild build python

but got

I: requested module is in the ignore list, nothing to do.

Then I tried "jhbuild build --force python" but got:

I: requested module is in the ignore list, nothing to do.

which is making me think I'm stupid and a duuh moment is near, but I don't see it.

Any ideas how to get jhbuild to build its own python?

Alternatively, if I am to build it myself, is it enough to do
  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/gtk/inst
to get jhbuild to use it instead of the one in /usr/bin or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

Aziz,,,