Re: Problem running the GTK main loop in a separate thread (different from the main one).

Cristi Cobzarenco wrote:
> Those are the options that I am using, but it doesn't work for me. I really
> appreciate the answer, I forgot to say, however, that I'm using MinGW under
> MS Windows. I now remember seeing somewhere that GTK multithreading only
> works on the X11 backend, so that might be the problem. I will try it on my
> Fedora box as soon as I get the chance.
> Thanks a lot anyway.

You simply cannot use multiple threads with the GUI in GTK on Win32.
And actually you can't even do it with MFC.  It's a limitation of the
win32 event system.  gdk_threads_enter() and _leave() will not help you
here.  Even on X11 where multithreaded gui stuff is possible, you should
avoid it.  Instead use the g_idle_add paradigm to schedule tasks in the
main thread from your threads.