Re: Status of GTK+ on Mac OS X?

> Is there a buildbot somewhere running continuous integration testing of
> GTK+ with the Mac platform? What about other platforms? Is that
> something that the community is lacking in order to progress this stuff?

Depends on what you mean with "buildbot". I guess buildbots are
usually used to continuously build work-in-progress development
branches. I don't know of such for Windows. There are
cross-compilation projects in the openSUSE Build Service and also in
Fedora's corresponding thing. (Fedora was first here, I must admit,
but the openSUSE Build Service set of cross-compiled software is
larger.) (Note that I work for Novell, which is the "sponsor" of
openSUSE). But these compile stable releases, not in-progress
development branches.

> The issue is that there are no binaries. For Windows, a nice array of
> prebuild binary zips are hosted on gnome.org,

That's just because there is a volunteer (me) doing those builds, at
least currently in my spare time. It's not because there would be some
organisation that had allocated a resource and given him/her as task
to produce such binaries. Nothing prevents a volunteer from doing the
same for MacOSX. (As long as there is a reasonable consensus among
those GTK+ maintainers that are interested in MacOSX that it would be
a good thing to do; or are there for instance much differing opinions
about how such binaries should be packaged and whatnot?)

My hope is that eventually the Windows binaries on ftp.gnome.org will
originate from openSUSE Build Service and not from "manual" builds.
We're not quite there yet, but it is getting closer.

--tml