Re: Bug in GtkToolbar's finalize?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 03:57:22PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> Running vinagre, gedit and some other apps I get the following critical
> error:
>
> "GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `object->ref_count >
> 0' failed"
>
> Googling it, I found this rationale:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-October/msg00001.html
>
> which makes sense.
>
> As there were no responses to that thread, I'd like to know: Is it a bug
> in GtkToolbar or somewhere else (our code? where?)?

I didn't study the code but this looks like a GtkToolbar bug.

The rule of thumb is that you destroy subordinate widgets in destroy()
method (children are normally taken care of by GtkContainer base class'
destroy() for containers).  And any owned object that is still happily
owned after dispose() finishes is almost surely a bug.

Yeti