Re: gtk_window_set_transient_for just works to dialog?

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 06:32:03PM +0800, Andy Stewart wrote:
> You use fucntion `gtk_window_fullscreen` to make `windowA` fullscreen.
> Then recompile you code, you will find `windowB` can't display
> correctly.

Well, the point of a fullscreen window usually is to take the entire
screen and cover everything else that might be there.

> It's works fine when `windowB` is `Dialog`.

Since some programs want to display dialogs over fullsceeen windows
window managers might react to some hint and do this (I have also seen
programs/window managers where this does not work and one has to
un-fullscreen the window to see the dialogs).

You might try

  gtk_window_set_type_hint(GTK_WINDOW(dialog), GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DIALOG);

or something else the dialog code does to convince the window manager
that you want a window over a fullsceen window.  Some other hint might
also work/be more appropriate.

Yeti