Re: Why no gtkbutton cell renderer?

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Paul Stuart <Paul_Stuart seektech com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>  I was surprised to find that there is no gtkcellrenderer implementation for a gtkbutton. I understand that one can create a custom cell renderer, but is there a reason why this isn't part of the vanilla set of cell renderers? Seems like a useful widget to have.

One of the main issues with a possible implementation of a button cell
renderer is that it is currently impossible to correctly implement it.
 The cell renderer interface is very limited and does not pass on all
events that tree view receives.  This means that one cannot
(properly!) mimic a normal GtkButton in a cell renderer, taking into
account all behaviors such as prelighting, keeping the button pressed
down when the mouse button is pressed down, etc.

regards,

-kris.