Re: parameters of g_signal_emit_by_name

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 01:20:10AM +0100, joël krähemann wrote:
> I'm asking me whether g_signal_emit_by_name with a
> g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__VOID has a need for a trailing NULL as
> parameter. I saw in
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-tutorial/2.13/x745.html that there's
> no need for it, but in a project called oregano I saw that there was
> NULL as last parameter with the same marshaller.

First, the reference documentation is here:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/stable/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-emit-by-name

and it is correct.  Passing NULL as the return value location never
makes sense because
- it is redundant if the signal has no return value
- it is an error to pass NULL if the signal has a return value

Yeti