GtkFileChooser filter problems

Hi,

I'm having a hard time to get filters to work with the file chooser dialog. It seems
that whenever I'm calling gtk_file_chooser_set_filename() before opening the dialog,
the file filters are not installed at all. The weird thing is that the filters work fine when
I use gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder() instead set_filename(). But of course it
doesn't allow me to set an initially selected file. So I tried to call gtk_file_chooser_select_filename()
after set_current_folder() but this doesn't work either.

This is giving me a real headache now. Is this a known issue or am I doing
something terribly wrong here?

Tks

Andreas
--
"Remember: It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!"