Re: help on graphics context colors not honored? (newbie)

Hi,

thank you for your answer. If the tutorial should work, my application should work too. I actually draw in my configure handle (which should get fired on initial window creation and then I only need to redraw the backing pixmap on a resize). I think it's still peculiar the configure event gets fired when the expose event should get fired only. Nevertheless, I may look into Cairo.
Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Lars

<quote>
Use cairo instead. Basically you create a an expose event handler, in which you create a cairo context from the GdkWindow and then you draw on it. I couldn't find a good tutorial example, but there is plenty of code showing how to do it. E.g. look for view_ocr_face_expose() at http://markmail.org/message/ezbcboy7somxnwqn .

That said gdk drawing should also work though it is considered deprecated. You should still make sure that you draw in your expose handle. Perhaps you simply forgot to show your widgets? Post the code here if nothing else helps.

Regards,
Dov
</quote>