gtk builder and radio button groups user data - was Re: Which radio button is selected?

Boaz, Richard wrote:
> i'm not familiar with glade and xml config files and all that, i
> write all my gui code from scratch, so can't help there.

Appreciate all your example code.  I also used to write my gui code from
scratch, and how you did it is about how I used to do it.  However this
no longer works with gtk builder.  That's my problem.

I guess I should have had a more descriptive subject line to make clear
what I'm after.  Basically I want to know how folks using gtk builder
are dealing with selections in gtk radio button groups.  I cannot use
user data since gtk builder treats that as a reference to another gtk
object in the ui xml file.  Anyone?